If you plan to visit or move to Salt Lake City anytime in the near future, you should prepare yourself for one thing: the locals’ love of films. A slew of vastly different theaters recently updated their screening schedule and let’s just say…they have something for everyone.
- Utah Museum of Contemporary Art. Named the “Best Museum” in the State of Utah two years in a row, this community hub offers free film screenings of the latest documentaries and independent films.
- Clark Planetarium. Offering an IMAX giant screen theater that shows science documentaries, family films, star shows, and rock and roll light shows, Clark Planetarium remains committed to inspiring wonder and learning about space and science.
- Salt Lake City Public Library. With options such as Science Movie Night, Senior Movie Afternoons, and seasonal showings of holiday classics, the library has an excellent selection of films for all ages.
- The Organ Loft. Do you consider yourself a vintage film connoisseur? Well so does Salt Lake City. The Organ Loft offers screenings of vintage silent films, coupled with a vintage Wurlitzer pipe organ that projects from over 2,400 organ pipes.
- Brewvies Cinema Pub. Fan of local brews? How about delicious pizza, cheese fries and baby back ribs? Are you a film buff as well? Then Brewvies is the perfect place for you. A favorite among locals, this theater allows you to order food while you check out the newest flick.